Monday, January 29, 2007

Weekends

As I was reading Paulina's Blog, I got the idea to talk about hanging out. In her post, she explained what she do on weekends and what she does to have fun. Here in Cartagena, there's not much to do, but we always have fun wherever we go.

Fridays is they day our weekend starts. In the afternoon, some people have volleyball, soccer, or basketball practices. I have basketball practices, and almost all Fridays we have games versus other schools. I really enjoy this practices. Then, we go to our houses and get ready to go out. Almost all Fridays we go to the commercial area. This is where Mc Donalds, Crepes, and El Corral are. Sometimes, after we finish eating we go to El Campito or to Club Cartagena. I finish the day very tired, so as soon as I get home I fall asleep. Sometimes, I sleep over at a friends house or viseverse. In sleepovers, we sleep late, so the next day we eake up really late.

Then, we wake up on Saturdays. As I told you, is we had a sleepover, we wake up late. Usually, on mornings, we go to the pool, but sometimes I go out with my mom and we do familiar things. Some afternoons, we get together in a house and get to see movies, but sometimes we go to Juan Valdez or stuff like that. In the nights, we usually go to the more residential area. There is where El Campito, Club Cartagena, and El Otoyal us located. Sometimes we eat at Club Cartagena and they stay there, but we usually eat at El Otoyal and then go to El Campito or to Club Cartagena. There, we talk, have milkshakes or if there is a soccer or baseball game we see them. At the end, we go home or if Friday we didn't have a sleepover we may have one.

On Sunday, I wake up sad because it is the last day of the weekend. This is a familiar day. Sometimes, but almost never we go to a friends house to see a movie or something like that, but the majority of the times, we are with our families. Sometimes my family and I go to the Castellana. This is a mall a little far from Bocagrande; where I live. Other times we go to farms. There, we ride horse and things like that. Almost all Sundays I go to visit my grandma and all my cousins also go, so I have a very good time. Some Sundays are just for staying home at bed, especially when I am tired. Then, on Monday we arrive to school very sleepy and at first hour we have English class.

Sometimes, on weekends, we go out of the city with our parents. Sometimes, we go to Rosario Islands. This is a beautiful place where we have LOTS of fun! There, we go snorkling, ride kayak, donut, and many other things. Some islands have beaches, so we just swim there and have fun. In the night, we play boardgames or look at the stars. Everyones hopes to see a shooting star to ask for a wish. Other weekends there are parties. Most parties are located at Club Cartagena or other clubs. Also, they are located in the house of the host. On weekends we also go to the beack and ride wave runner, donut etc. Although there's not much to do, we always have fun!

No comments: