Saturday, March 31, 2007

TLP: Fantastic Opportunity

The first time Mr. Hide commented about the Teen Life Project was when came from December vacations. At first, I wasn't really interested because in the only thing I could think was that I had entered school again, and I was really tired. Soon, after we started making our Google lists and started looking at the other school's webpages I got a little more interested. However, my real interest started when we made the Introduction Video. At first, I thought it was going to be imposible to make it, but when we got the pictures and music it was easy to put it together.

After that, was when we made the Wiki and we started looking up after our goal. At first, I thought that we wouldn't achieve the goal because every school was like in their own stuff. We didn't talk to each other and few comments were posted. That was when I started loosing the interest again. Then, we started talking about the phone call. The day of the phonecall we went to Mr Hide's apartament and get to know his baby. That was really fun. That day, I realized that the TLP was starting and that it was going to be really fun.

Then came the part of choosing the topics. We needed to think a lot in what we chose because it was a very long project and we needed to be very interested in our topic. At first, I was thinking in terrorism. Especially the one here in Colombia. Then, we thought on poverty. That made us think a lot. We really liked it because in Cartagena there's a lot of poverty so we could investigate on that a lot. Then Isabel and me were thinking to change to eating disorders, but then we decided to stay in poverty. That was when the posts started. Even though it was interesting investigating about poverty, it was very hard to make each week 500 words of writing. There, I started loosing my interest again.

Few days later, some of the students of Malaysia add me to their msn. Getting to talk to them and know about their lifes made me become for interested. Then, some students of North America add me and I added some. That was when I became interested again. I started thinking in how was that I was making the same project as other 3 schools in the world. I was talking with people I didn't know existed. I was talking with people very different from me, with other ways of living, activities, etc. There was where I realized how much I could learn from those people and how much I could discuss with them.

Finally, making the video. That was a hard part, but it was really fun making it. Isabel and I went to NiƱos de Papel. That is a foundation that helps poor children. That day I realized how fortunate we are. How fortunate we are of having a family, food, and a home were to sleep. One of the girls of the place answered some questions we asked, and I realized that we are very fortunate persons. The people there don't have a family that goes after them and loves them. That is something very sad. Finally, after many problems for finding a camera, we finished the video!

I, and I know that all my classmates are happy with what each of us did in this project. I want to congratulate Mr Hide and all the teachers from other schools. I think we achieved our goal.

No comments: