Friday, September 15, 2006

My Trip To New York City!

In summer vacations of 2005 my mother had a wonderful surprise planned for me. Before, she had gone a couple of times to New York City, New York, and she knew I wanted to go. One day she told me I was going, I was so excited I didn’t even ask her who we were going with. Two days before the trip, I discovered that I was going with my mom, Sandra and Aileen (friends of my mom), their sons and Valentina, one of my best friends! We couldn’t wait to get there; we both knew this was going to be a wonderful experience!

When we arrived on July 11th to New York it was midnight. In our ride to the hotel we passed through Times Square, which is a street in New York City. This street is awesome! It is filled with lights of all the colours and big advertisements of the coolest stores. The next day, we went to World Trade Centre, where the Twin Towers used to be. When I saw that hole I almost fall to the floor! It is very, very big! That night we went to The Empire State. We saw the entire city illuminated, it was very cool. We also went to The Statue of Liberty. There we ate lunch and walk around the island, it was a great experience. Other places I went were: Mars 2112, which is a restaurant like the planet, Mars. The Science Museum, The Wax Museum, and The Metropolitan Museum were so interesting I could spend a lifetime visiting them! I had fun in all and every place I visited in that awesome city.

Visiting NYC, the capital of the world was an experience I will never forget. From the moment I jumped out of the airplane to the moment I came back to Cartagena were the best moments of my life. From the food to my shops, it was all great. Although I didn’t want to leave New York it was time to see my father, my brother, and my little sister again. It will never be enough to say thanks to my family, because this trip was the best trip I’ve ever made. I hope one day I will visit this awesome city again.

10 comments:

catalina said...

Isa,
I am so impresed be your writting skills. Although i've never visited NYC i now how it feels, Ilove your blog (I think is perfect)jajajaja bye.
with love kat(K)

Augusto V. said...

Isa,
I can see youre exitment when i read youre story to New York City, good writing skills and nice vocabulary in the story, very nice...
=)keep it up =D

*Vale M* said...

Isa, I really liked how you described our trip, it brought really great memories...I hope you continue writing as well as you did.

P.S: I ♥ your blog! keep it up!

Ana Caro G said...

Isa,
I really liked how you tell the story to your trip to NYC, i understand how you feel of it because i have been in NYC too when we where going to enter to 7th grade it just an excitement trip i loved it too! From time square my favorite to a thing so sad as ground zero. Now we know that we have in common a thing like loving the capital of the world. you remind me of my trip too.. I hope i will go again. Your exellent doing this posts! Just keep it up! kisses Anakro

Luis Carlos U. said...

Isa,
Your excitement is visible when you post this. I can see how you felt. NY,NY is one of the places I wanna go to. I also know what it's like to go on vacation with a friend (or two).

Keep up the great work!;)

Victoria M. said...

Hi Isa, I am very glad you had visited New York, I also think is a great city since I went 4 years ago when I was in third grade, but i also remeber the great time I had, I agree with you, is a great city!

La_Colombianita said...

Isa...
I love your blog! It is so interesting, I will also feel sad if a saw ground zero. Well atleast you enjoy everything else.
luv ya! Nora

Stefano P. said...

Isa,
I really like how are your writinng skills and how you describe your trip...KEEP IT UP!

SebastianB said...

Isa, I think your post about New york was excellent. you have very nice vocabulary and you described very good your trip. I had visited new York ,and I think that it was a great place to.

Keep doing wonderfull posts like this one!

..Juli B.. said...

isa,
This post was very good, I like it a lot becuase I saw a lot of excitment in your writings. I will love to make this trip!! I suppos it willbe awesome!