Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Cheerleading!


Two years ago, my friends and I decided to continue the school's tradition; cheerleading. At first, we had no idea about it, but little by little we got the idea and start working on it. Our coach was Ms. Elsy, she was a very good coach, she was always making the best to teach us in a way we fathom it. The first classes, were the most horrible at all! They were hard and though, we had to work and listen a lot. Later, the classes became more fun, we danced, and made pyramids, I remembered Isabel and me were flyers. Everybody saw us more than the rest of the team, because we were raised by the other team members.

Our first competition was at a coliseum about 30 min from our school. Our presentation was fun and very hard worked. At first, we did letters with our bodies that spelled: COJOWA, the abbreviation of our school. Then, we did a cheer called "Fans get Ready". That cheer was a song Ms. Elsy made for us. After, we did a dance of a song called "Beso". It was very fun, and cool to dance. In that competition, we did not won 1st place, neither, second place, nor third place. Although we didn't won, we were statisfied with our hard work, and our presentation.

Another presentation we had was in a school in the Zona Norte. We were all prepared, but the day before, the cassette were the music was fell to the floor. We thought it was nothing, and waited until the next day. The next day when we were already out to present, the cassette didn't worked. We were very scared, and waited longer. Finally the cassette worked, but it still sounded a little bad. We did our presentation, but we were very uncomfortable. At the end, we returned to our school as if nothing had happened.

Cheerleading was my passion. While I made and worked on the presentations, I felt as if nothing in the world matter more than what I was dancing and cheering on. Many people teached us cheers that the school had before, and this made us even more better. Right now, I am not a cheerleader anymore. This is so, because Ms. Elsy no longer works in my school. I hope one day, another teacher as good coach as Ms. Elsy teach us even more things, so one day we can become great, and the best cheerleaders ever!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isa g thanks for reminding me those moments. I also think cheerleading was very cool. That remebers we one day we participate with lots of schools and got 2nd place it was very cool!!

Suadi..... said...

Isa g thanks for reminding me those moments. I also think cheerleading was very cool. That remebers we one day we participate with lots of schools and got 2nd place it was very cool!!

Isa M. said...

Isa that were great moments we passed together. When we were at the top was really cool I felt like flying. Reading your post reminded me of a great moment, when I seeing the movie "High School Musical" the part that Ryan gets raised by othr kids.

N@t!.. said...

Isa thank you for reminding me dose moments, but please take off that picture!

Anonymous said...

I thought that it very nice of you and your friends continue a tradition. I can see that you like doing cheerleading and i like doing it too.

Anonymous said...

i know how you feel i love cheering so much that nothing else matters and even when i get hurt it doesn't matter because it's all worth it! i hope to fallow cheerleading through out my whole life. and i hope everything works out with finding a new coach!